The Mega Heart™ comes to Madison Square Garden!
The MEGA Heart™, the world’s first inflatable heart designed as an educational, walk-through exhibit that demonstrates the effects of heart disease and ways to prevent and treat it, will make its New York City debut at the 2009 Maggie Dixon Classic Heart Health Expo on Sunday, December 13th.
The 2009 Heart Health Expo will feature:
For kids and teens:
- Free heart screening for children and young adults under age 22 and receive a mini-basketball
- Create Heart Art with the Children’s Museum of Manhattan and enter to win a Wii and WiiFit
- Shoot hoops at the Knicks “Groove Truck”
- Rangers Fun House
- Face painting and balloon artists
- Receive a mini-basketball when you have your blood pressure, pulse, and body-mass index checked
- Learn about heart-healthy nutrition and life-style changes
- Become an organ donor by registering with “Donate Life”
- Talk to medical professionals from SUNY Downstate Medical Center about your Game Plan for a Healthy Heart
For all fans:
- Learn to save a life with FREE CPR and AED training from the Fire Department of New York
- Experience the Mega Heart, the world’s only inflatable, walk-through human heart model
- “Ask the Trainers” exercise mini-camps with University Sports Medicine (SUNY Downstate) athletic trainers
- Meet young heart patients and hear their stories of courage and hope
What’s YOUR Game Plan for a Healthy Heart?